StainProof DRY-TREAT 40SK Sealer
STAIN-PROOF® 40SK Consolidator & Water Repellent, formerly known as DRY-TREAT 40SK™, is an impregnating, invisible and breathable sealer that protects porous tile, natural stone, brick, terracotta, paving and grout from damage caused by water and salts, plus helps to consolidate friable surfaces. Treated indoor and outdoor surfaces become easier to clean, maintain and keep looking good for longer. 40SK Consolidator & Water Repellent provides lasting protection for engineering concrete, terracotta tile, cast stone, paving, sandstone, limestone, brick and grout.
DRY-TREAT 40SK is suitable for a wide variety of applications, including building facades, floors, walls, swimming pool surrounds, patios, garages, kitchens and public and private entertaining areas.
- Penetrating, permanent water repellency plus consolidation of softer materials , for premium protection against problems caused by water and water borne salts, including: efflorescence, salt spalling, freeze-thaw spalling and picture framing
- Popular for sealing sandstone, limestone, travertine, concrete dry-stamped pavers and composite stone pavers around salt water swimming pools
- Retains natural surface color and finish – Keeps surfaces looking new for longer, makes cleaning easier, and dries quickly even after heavy rain
- Breathable: water vapor escapes freely, avoiding moisture build-up inside the material
- Designed for indoor and outdoor surfaces
How to use:
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24 hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
- Product is to be applied without thinning.
- Generously saturate the surface with product using a low-pressure hand spray, a clean brush, or similar. Surface should have a mirror-like “wet” look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- After 10 minutes, repeat Step 4. Total application rate is approximately one litre per 0.5 to four sq. metres (5 to 40 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
- Allow 10 minutes for product to penetrate surface then polish surface with a clean white dry cloth to remove excess product. Do not allow excess product to dry on the surface.
- Clean equipment with organic solvent e.g. methylated spirits.
- Sealer will not prevent surface etching, scuff marks or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. It is recommended that for sandstone or limestone in a salt water environment (e.g. a pool coping) the entire coping should be dipped sealed with DRY-TREAT 40SK and a 14 day cure time allowed before the stone is put into service. Please note that the underside of the treated stone will become repellent and a special adhesive such as Davco SE-7 mixed with Davelastic or, Bostik Landscape Adhesive is recommended to fix the stone.