StainProof Color Enhancing Sealer
STAIN-PROOF® Color Enhancing Sealer, formerly known as INTENSIFIA™, is the ultimate combination of enhancer and sealer. Natural stone, masonry and other hard porous materials will have deep, long lasting color enrichment and premium water and oil-based stain protection.
Color Enhancing Sealer is suitable for a wide variety of applications, including floors, walls, cladding, facades, countertops, patios, driveways, paths, garages, kitchens and entertaining areas. This color enhancer works on a wide variety of porous surfaces, including all types of natural stone, clay and terracotta tiles and pavers, brick, concrete, polished concrete, terrazzo, encaustic tile, terracotta and saltillo.
Color Enhancing Sealer is suitable for indoor and outdoor applications and for residential and commercial buildings.
- Deep color enhancement.
- Super oil and water repellence for superior stain protection. ISO 10545-14 Class 5 (best possible resistance to stains), greater than 98% reduction in 24-hour water up-take (Rilem method).
- Longer lasting, even outdoors under UV light. *5 year Performance Warranty when Color Enhancing Sealer is applied by an Accredited Applicator.
- Easy to apply. Additional coats can be applied at any time in the future to a cleaned surface.
- Retains surface hardness and wet slip resistance of porous flooring materials.
- Will not flake, yellow, crack, blister or break down in high alkalis and reduces concrete dusting.
- Breathable: water vapor permeates freely, avoiding moisture build-up inside the material; and is backed by a 5-year warranty.
A 5-Year PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when Color Enhancing Sealer is applied by an Accredited Applicator and surface is maintained reasonably, as outlined in our warranty document.
1 Quart (946 mL) and 1 Gallon (3.79 mL)
<100 g/L (excluding water) for EPA purposes.
How To Use
- ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24-hour cure time to check results.
- Surface must be clean, dry and free of residues.
- Generously apply Color Enhancing Sealer using low-pressure hand sprayer, clean brush or lamb’s wool applicator. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- Allow for a minimum of 30 minutes for product to penetrate the surface then thoroughly polish off any excess product residue with clean, dry, white cloths, towels or similar.
- Leave the product to cure for at least 60 minutes, then repeat steps 3 and 4. Total application rate is approximately one quart per 20-250 sq. ft (2-25 sqm) depending on surface absorption. A third coat may be required for premium stain protection on very porous surfaces.
- Avoid contact with moisture for a minimum of 8 hours after application. Full curing takes 4 weeks.
- Use an organic solvent for e.g. methylated spirits to clean equipment.
Notes: Color Enhancing Sealer will not prevent etching from acidic liquids, or physical surface wear. The level of enhancement will vary dependent on the type of material being treated. It is advised to test on a sample piece before applying the product to your surface. Eventually, wear and tear and cleaning will affect the enhancement and sealing performance. Reapplication of the product will be needed. Once enhanced, the treated surface cannot be restored back to the original look.
Total application rate is approximately one quart per 20-250 sq. ft. (2-25 sqm) depending on the porosity of the surface. Refer to the sealer application rates for more information
Advanced Application Guidelines
- NOTE: COLOR ENHANCING SEALER WILL NOT BEGIN TO CURE UNTIL ALL EXCESS PRODUCT RESIDUES ARE THOROUGHLY POLISHED OFF THE SURFACE
- Denser surfaces will have lots of excess to remove, and thorough removal is crucial.
- DO NOT APPLY COLOR ENHANCING SEALER TO SURFACES ALREADY TREATED WITH AN IMPREGNATOR because the result can be patchy and uneven.
- ACHIEVING EVEN COLOR ENHANCEMENT
- In rare cases, the enhancement on some very porous materials will turn out patchy and uneven after the initial 2 coats. A light 3rd coat may be necessary. Buffing with a white pad will help push product into the surface and even out the application.
- TESTING COLOR ENHANCING SEALER
- Color Enhancing Sealer will work reasonably well the day after application, but it takes 3 to 4 weeks for all of it to cure inside the treated material. It is important to allow 4 weeks of cure time before performing tests, so the sealer is fully cured and working optimally.
- Achieving optimum stain repellence
- The enhancing effect of Color Enhancing Sealer is immediately visible. After 24 hours of curing the treated surface can get wet and will provide reasonable water and oil repellence, but to reach optimal oil and water repellence the Color Enhancing Sealer must cure fully which can take up to 3 weeks.
- Recommended tools to use to apply Color Enhancing Sealer
- Color Enhancing Sealer should be applied to smooth surfaces with a lamb’s wool (sheepskin applicator or cloth so the sealer is spread evenly over the surface. Spraying is not recommended for polished surfaces.
- For rougher, more textured surfaces, use a pump sprayer. Be cautious as spray mists can cause unwanted darker speckles on surfaces of surrounding areas.
- Make sure to protect surrounding areas with a tarp, plastic, removable painters tape or other suitable material to avoid unwanted application on those areas. In the case of a mistake, immediately use acetone and rub the affected areas to remove the Color Enhancing Sealer.
- Applying Color Enhancing Sealer on vertical surfaces
- On vertical surfaces you have much less dwell time than on horizontal surfaces as a liquid sealer will run down the wall if a substantial amount is applied. You need plenty of dwell time for the product to penetrate sufficiently. The way to do this is to apply 3-4 light coats of Color Enhancing Sealer instead of 2 generous coats. Apply each successive coat before the previous one dries (wet on wet, approxmately10 minutes between coats). Place tarp or plastic sheets below to catch the excess drips.
Combustible liquid. Harmful to aquatic life. If medical advice is needed, have product container or label at hand. Keep out of reach of children. Do not take internally. Apply when surface temperature is between 5-35°C (40 – 95°F). Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application. Protect surrounding areas from over-spray. Keep away from drains, plants, water and soil. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking. Wear suitable solvent-resistant glove, protective clothing, safety goggles and an organic vapor respirator during application. Avoid inhaling vapor or spray mist and ensure area is well ventilated. Avoid applying in windy conditions. Wash hands thoroughly.
In case of fire: Use foam or dry chemical powder or carbon dioxide to extinguish. If swallowed: immediately give a glass of water. If skin contact occurs remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. If in eyes: wash out immediately with fresh running water. If you inhale vapors or mist: relocate to fresh air. If symptoms persist contact a physician. Spillage: take up mechanically or with absorbent material such as sand or saw dust.
Keep container tightly sealed in a cool, well ventilated place. Dispose of content / container in accordance with local regulation.